Frequently Asked Questions
Therapy can be beneficial to anyone since we all navigate the complexities of life and can help you:
- So that you may feel unstuck
- Find your strengths and live according to your full potential
- Cope with stress, sadness, anxiety or anger
- Flourish in relationship
- Gain insight and develop new perspectives
- Through difficult transitions such as a loss
- Learn about mental illness and develop the best way to care for yourself
arKardia is considered an “out-of-network provider.” Working with an out-of-network provider can be beneficial since insurance companies require a diagnosis for reimbursement. You also have the freedom to choose your treatment and time in therapy because insurance companies often dictate time and length of sessions.
If you wish to receive reimbursement from your insurance company, to expedite the process, you will be provided with a superbill at the time of your session or via email. A superbill is a detailed invoice noting the date, services received, a diagnosis, and the providers information.
Your insurance company may provide reimbursement in part or in full. Questions to ask regarding benefit:
- Do you provide out-of-network coverage for mental health?
- Do I have a deductible to meet prior to reimbursement?
- Is there a limit to the number of sessions covered?
- How much will you cover per session?
arKardia accepts cash, check, all major credit cards, HSA and FSA as payment.
Please don’t let the rate discourage you from contacting arKardia. Michele has found ways to work with many people where we feel the rate is acceptable.
If we cannot come to an agreement on a rate, we may be able to refer you to a therapist who is a good financial fit.
We provide psychotherapy, and can consult with a medical doctor who can determine what medication is right for you.
A combination of medication and therapy is often recommended. Medication treats symptoms while therapy addresses behavior patterns and the cause of distress, so that you may achieve a greater sense of well-being.